As the partner to the Forest Preserves of Cook County, the Forest Preserve Foundation protects and restores the treasured habitat of the forest preserves and enhances outdoor experiences for all communities.
Just Cause helped us to be strategic about board development—to attract the best fits for what we need most and a structure for nominations and governance. I valued that Just Cause was very hands on. They attended donor meetings with me that have produced real results—multi-year gifts, relationships that have led to more board members, and more.—Shelley Davis, President, Forest Preserve Foundation
- Attract and develop new board and event leadership.
- Prepare board to engage existing and identify new prospects.
- Refresh board and committee structure.
- Provided strategies and tools such as messaging and enhanced onboarding to continue strengthening board’s ambassador and leadership role.
- Tailored and strengthened board committees to reflect real-world needs.
- Brainstormed strategies to engage prospects.
- Empowered a confident and prepared board, eager, engaged, and equipped to fundraise for the Foundation.
- Developed a new model for cultivation events that continues to attract new donors and board members.
- Helped increase number of board members by one third, touched 200 new high-potential prospects through fresh engagement opportunities.