Heartland Alliance International (HAI) is the global arm of a family of organizations leading anti-poverty and social justice work. HAI strives to secure the rights and well-being of marginalized people and communities in nearly a dozen countries.
With our event, they held our hand every step of the way. They are great listeners, are clear experts in resource mobilization, and they understand the programmatic elements of an event that lead to great fundraising. We never felt like Just Cause were consultants. They were part of our team. And, they are fun to work with!– Surita Sandosham, Executive Director, Heartland Alliance International
- Move from reliance on government funding and foundation grants to major gifts; grow individual donor pipeline.
- Optimize annual event fundraising and attendance.
- Created priority lists of prospects mapped with connections to HAI, interest in mission, and giving capacity.
- Guided cultivation strategies for key prospects.
- Set up new engagement opportunities to connect prospects and donors to HAI.
- Launched HAI donor travel program with inaugural mission to Colombia. Debuted new “lunch and learn” program featuring international HAI experts visiting Chicago.
- Attracted new leadership leveraging networks to benefit HAI.
- During our work with HAI, the annual event revenue grew 152% and the number of event donors nearly doubled.